Select Subject is powered by Adobe Sensei and lets you get started with your selections faster than ever before. Select Subject automatically selects the prominent subjects in the image with one click. You can then refine the selection using other selection tools.
It’s available in all the places you start selections:
- Select > Subject.+
- Select the Subject button in the Quick Selection tool and Magic Wand options bar.+
- Select the Subject button in the Select & Mask workspace options bar while using the Quick Selection tool.+
The Select Subject command lets you select the most prominent subject in an image in a single click. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, Select Subject is trained to identify a variety of objects in an image—people, animals, vehicles, toys, and more.
Access Select Subject in one of the following ways in Photoshop:
- While editing an image, choose Select > Subject.
- While using the Quick Selection or Magic Wand tools, click Select Subject in the options bar.
- While using the Quick Selection tool in the Select & Mask workspace, click Select Subject in the options bar.
Select Subject automatically selects the prominent subjects in the image. You can then refine the selection using other selection tools. For example, in the illustration above, use the Subtract From Selection option with another selection tool to remove the part of the sidewalk included in the automatic selection.
For more information on refining selections, see Adjust pixel selections.
*Article Credit: Jerry Harris & Adobe Blog